[IP] Meter News Articles

Not to be modest or anything so out of character, but I have two new
articles published about blood glucose meters that I am rather proud of.
These articles cover the whole history of the meters from the first to the
most advanced.

The latest is "Are You 'In Charge' of Your Blood Glucose?" about the In
Charge meter, which tests not only blood glucose but also fructosamine. That
's a test you take once a week that tells your overall control, similar to
the Hemoglobin A1c test, except measuring a shorter time.

The company that makes the In Charge meter, LXN Corp. in San Diego, calls it
GlucoProtein. Nobody else makes a home test for fructosamine (GlucoProtein),
although LXN made a first generation meter called the Duet, which cannot
compare with this cute little meter.

My review of the In Charge was for DiabetesWebSite.com, and the URL is
https://www.diabeteswebsite.com/shopper/productreviewfeb00.jsp .

My other new article, "Meter Memories," is about how they started. I
interviewed the man who invented the first meter, the guy who marketed it,
and the first patient to use it. I think it's an interesting story, and it's
told in the March issue of "Diabetes Wellness Letter." I also have it online
at my site for those who don't subscribe to that publication. The URL is

Rick Mendosa: A Writer on the Web: www.mendosa.com
E-mail: email @ redacted  Phone: (831) 688-5300
Office: 238 Coronado Drive, Aptos, CA 95003-4011