[IP] Re: Eczema

email @ redacted writes:

<<  Is this consistent with other
 diabetics?  I use Eucerin lotion severe dry skin treatment.  >>

My son Paul, 6, also had at least one outbreak of eczema. It occurred after
we read a book about the importance of handwashing and he became more
consistent about it (not obsessive, though.) The pediatrician told us to buy
Cetaphil by Galderma (a moisturing lotion that the pharmacy had to special
order) and use that, instead of soap, to bathe Paul. He also told Paul to
"relax" on the handwashing. (He is originally from India and says Americans
are too obsessed with bathing, washing, etc.) That was about one year ago and
we have not had an outbreak since. Janice