Re: [IP] News on another non-invasive device for testing blood sugar

Bob wrote:
> I found the following article on Excite news and thought everyone here might be interested.

One thing the article did not say is that this is in the earliest stages of clinical trial.  As it currently is, the device takes between five and ten minutes to get a single reading (five to apply the ultrasound and up to five minutes to get sufficient interstitial fluid to test.  It does have some promise, but don't look for it, or any other non-invasive technology too soon.  BTW, the GlucoWatch will probably be the first on the market.  Because of the mild electric current used to draw interstitial fluid into the sensor pad, it's considered minimally invasive, not non-invasive.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent those of my wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.