Re: [IP] Is this normal

In a message dated 3/3/00 10:09:34 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Second thing is, that if you're including postprandial BGs in your
 calculations, and your definition of a high is 140, you're showing highs
 that really aren't high -- that is, a postprandial BG between 140 and
 200, while higher than a completely non-diabetic person, is generally
 NOT considered a problem in diabetics. All the information I've read
 says that complications don't set in until postprandial BGs are
 consistently above 180 - 200 most of the time. >>

Hmmm ...

I disagree with this one. My endo says under 160 for 2 hours postprandial.
(To which I will add that you need to consider your own body's
insulin-reaction times, etc., and a YMMV and all that stuff.)