Re: [IP] overseas training

In a message dated 3/3/00 6:43:28 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I am going to London for holiday, (love those frequent flyer points) and I
 was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for my pump.  We lived in the UK
 so I have crossed the pond about 5-6 times while on mdi and always had a
 rough time with jet lag and unstable bld. sgrs.  This will be my first
 "crossing of the pond" with a pump.  My endo. suggested as soon as I hit
 London to change basals/time on my pump to uk time, and start eating on a
 British time schedule.   Said I shoud be fine.  Would appreciate any
 or advice.  >>

Hi Kindra

I went to Germany over the holidays and did this: Every time the airline
served a meal, I reset my pump to match the approximate time that I normally
eat that meal. When I landed, I reset the time to local time. I didn't do too
badly -- ran a wee bit on the low side for a couple of days after I got there
(but could have been due to higher activity levels). Then I ran a bit higher
for a couple of days after I got back (but could have also been due to
greatly lessened activity due to sleeping off two hits of jet lag in one