Re: [IP] Help with the Olive Garden

In a message dated 3/2/00 10:34:07 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have only gone to the Olive Garden for lunch.  I have ordered soup and
 salad and bread sticks because I felt it was safer than any pasta dish. Not
 so.  No matter how I try to account for the above, I can't make it work.
 anyone been successful at the Olive Garden?  Does anyone know the exact
 in anyone of their meals?  How many carbs do you account for in a
  I think that the fat in the salad dressing is accounting for my troubles
 perhaps.                             >>

Kathie (and all)

The Olive Garden has the nutritional contents of its "Garden Fare" dishes
listed in a brochure. Just ask for it. It's usually in the reception area. As
for the perhaps fat in the salad dressing -- I ask for fat-free Italian on
the side. In fact, I always ask for dressing on the side -- that way I know
how much I'm putting on. (I also don't like my salads drowning in dressing.
lol) I have also asked to see the dressing bottle so that I can read the
nutritional information. The servers here have always been very helpful about
that. If you're concerned about fat affecting your BGs, you might also want
to know that the breadsticks are liberally brushed with butter *after*
they're baked. The servers also will bring you plain breadsticks (after
baking, pre-butter) on request.

Always ask a restaurant if it has nutritional information for any of its menu
items. Often, they will have information available for at least their
advertised "healthy" menu items.