[IP] Re: baseball and pumping

Ok, we're needing some advice here.  Baseball season is about to start.
Does Josh wear the pump or disconnect for games?  What have others done?

Katie is just ending her first season of basketball and I think I've
finally got it (!) so I'll tell you what we do.  Big snack (sandwich and
chips, etc) and regular bolus about 1 hour before practice/game, then
disconnect during the one-hour activity, then plug her back in after
she's done.  She does get thirsty during her running around, so she kind
of alternates between gulps of All Sport and gulps of water.  Ended up at
135 after her practice, so I was thrilled!

The thing that has really hung us up is her hitting lows HOURS after
basketball (suppose it will be the same thing for soccer, huh?).  Now
I've taken to having her bolus about half her regular amount for whatever
she might eat the rest of the night.  That seemed to work last

Let me know what you and Josh do and how it works.

God Bless,
Debbie, Mom of Katie, 9, dx'd 9/97
MiniMed pumper since 8/2/99 (youngest kid in Alaska...so far!)