Date : 02/11/00 06:19PM
Conference: Ask The Experts
Sender : jlavintompkins
Subject : Re: Bolus Amount To Fill Tender

    Hi Andrea. Thanks for your question and I
apologize for the delay in getting you an answer. The
package insert for the Tender advises a bolus of
0.5-1.0 units to fill the empty space in the cannula
after the introducer needle is removed. That is
because the exact amount is somewhere inbetween,
closer to .75 units. However, because the pump will
not deliver .75 units, you need to decide whether or
not to give .5 or 1.0. If you are getting low after
inserting a new set and bolusing 1 unit, you may want
to try 0.5.