[IP] No payment for pump education

Even Medicare will pay for diabetes education. They are the most skinflint
insurers I ever came across. Maybe you could shame your carrier into paying
by talking to the Medical Director (Every health insurer has one) and
trying to tell him or her that even Medicare pays for it. Another
possibility is to call your local medical society and ask them who to speak
to at the Blue's office. A letter from them stating they won't pay for it
would be my next plan. Sending the letter to your State Insurance
Commissioner with a letter from your Pump Doc stating that you need the
training often opens the right  ears.
A. L. Bender, M. D.