Re: Re: [IP] ready to quit the pump-help

> To answer your question, we have gone from 15 carbs per unit of H insulin, to
now 10.  I was surprised at only 10 carbs, but the bolusing clearly needed to
be bigger.
Any thoughts?

I'm finding the same thing.  My guess is that as I zero in on the correct basal rates, I have no more "residual" to cover the carbs.  Before, using U for a basal, there was always a little more than I needed.  That also meant that I had to feed the insulin.

Bottom line, with careful programming, the pump really meets the body's basal needs, and we get a more accurate indication of how our bodies process the carbs.

Just my $.02.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.