Re: [IP] Sent ins. paperwork to Dis this am... :)

Becky asked:

<<I also have BCBS MI and am wondering if they have agreed to pay for your
education?  I was told that they will not cover education (they'll pay for
pump but now a class to show me how to use!).  Any suggestions?  Anyone?>>

As far as I know, they will not pay for any education, period, whether it's
for the pump or anything else diabetes related.  Which in my opinion is
pretty moronic, since how can you have good control and stay healthy and
save them money if you don't have the vaguest idea of what you should be
doing!  Anyhow, my endo's office will allow me to make payments on the
training.  They charge $75 per hour and require 8 hours of training.  That's
the best I can hope for right now, until the State Representatives and our
Governor decide to require insurance companies to pay for this.   Email your
Representative and Governor Engler and urge them to support this

Type 1 for 37 years, waiting for pump approval...