re:[IP] so i guess the infamous...

> I think the media has just picked up on the wrong spin here.
> The real message is that they took adult pancreatic duct cells and
> found stem cells among them by culturing them.  They were able to
> multiply these cells enough to cure another mouse.  They have played
> with human cells and think the same thing will work.

One additional problem needs to be addressed. The lab animals have
their induced, not as us humans by an outside (unknown) agent. Even
assuming the ability to introduce human beta cells into a person with
diabetes, they must be protected from the same agents which destroyed
the original beta cells. This technology is promising, but it has a
ways to go.