Re: [IP] Prescriptions

In a message dated 3/31/99 3:29:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Yes.  Claritan and Amoxicillin are two different type drugs.  Just curious
why the
 switch.  Anytime I take any type of allergy medication, especially if it has
 decongestive in it my BS go crazy.

I'm not positive, but I heard that the rise in Blood Sugar from allergy
medications is is due to the allergy medicine being a form of a "steroid".
Steroids are filtered through the liver (like all medications), and causes the
liver to produce more glucagon, so the BS go even higher with the increased