Re: [IP] Prescriptions

up to 10 % of all people taking claritin (or allegra)experience dry
mouth or nose, which can lead to nose bleeds.  As far as the elevated
sugar goes, I am not aware of the REGULAR claritin (or allegra) tablets
causing this however, claritin D (allegra D) both contain sudafed, which
can make your sugar go up.  The claritin syrup contains sugar which can
also cause it to rise.  I am not sure about the reditabs.  I guess to
answer your question, it depends on what your taking.  As for starting
amoxicillin, It sounds like he may have an infection which can also be a
disaster for sugars.

Hope that my over-priced pharmacy education could help you some.

Joy Spoljaric
DM '82
MM '97
PharmD '99