Re: [IP] Frequent basal changes

bdniles wrote:

 A lot has been said on the list about once basals are set they are rarely changed...is anyone else having trouble with having to change their basals frequently? I have a couple of vanilla days then something starts creeping up. This time I didn't even get a vanilla day. I had been working on my mid-morning to lunch time sugars (yesterday I was perfect) except that now I need to track my nighttimes. Monday I woke around 6a with a 302 (went to bed around 9 with 123 plus 10CHO snack). Tuesday at 1am I was 286 (but had played volleyball and had done a temp lower basal (which usually works) did a bolus and woke around 6 with 170. Last night I was 233 around 9, bolused checked at 1a and was 129, awoke at 6 at 332. Here we go again! I do have a history of not having much pattern before I went on the pump and during my period I'm all over the board. At least on the pump I seem to be able to see patterns and fix them, unfortunately they keep changing. My A1C for the first three months on the pump was 6.1 so the hard work is definitely worth it and I must be doing something right. But I was wondering if anyone else fluctuates or if I just haven't discovered the right basals yet? Thanks. Debdxd 7/77pumping since 12/98
  I've beening pumping since Jan.99 and mine have beening doing the same thing.  one night they do really well
the next night they are high.  I found I was going low . Now they are doing it again I've been checking again during the night but have not been to low so i don't know what the deal is.