Re: [IP] Diabetes Supplies

In a message dated 3/30/99 7:30:32 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Had an interesting discussion with my insurance company yesterday.  They
don't want to pay for Kim's supplies because I'm not getting them from IHC.

I haven't had a problem getting pump supplies, but had an interesting
experience. I got a price from MiniMed (which is not an in-net provider) and a
price from the in-net provider. Turns out it will be $40 more for me to order
from MiniMed (at 50 percent co-pay) than from the in-net provider (at 80
percent co-pay). I called staff benefits and told them I could pay $40 less --
and they could pay about $500 more -- or we could work a deal. They're working
on it.  :-)