Re: [IP] basal rates

> I suspect she's showing a growthpattern that's been noted in
> youngsters: it seems the body gets busy growing during the night, so
> you get a reverse Dawn Phenomenon.

Lily's basals jump a half unit when she goes to sleep. the increase
is DEPENDENT on the time that she actually goes to sleep. You can
check this by very carefully profiling (pain in the......). If this
is the case, I suggest you set her basal rates for waking rates until
at least 2 hours after her normal sleep time. Set a temporary basal
rate when she goes to bed that will cover her (higher) insulin needs
until the standard rate takes over 2 hours later. This will insure
that staying up late does not provoke a crash and allows day to day
adjustment in case there is an evening low brought on by a not to
accurate dinner bolus. The time from dinner to sleep with H needs to
be 4+ hours to be really sure this isn't a problem. Longer for pizza,
etc.... You'll get the hang of it.