[IP] Insulin Resistent

I have a friend whose 7 year old daughter is IDDM.  She has been a diabetic for
about 4 years.  Her blood sugars are very inconsistent and usually on the high
side.  Her ped. has just informed them that she is insulin resistant and the
only advice he gave was to not let her lose or gain weight and to do the best
they could with her injections.  Her mom has asked me to ask this group if they
have any ideas to help her and if the pump will work.  Any advice would be
helpful.  Unsure what kind of insulin she is presently taking.
Thanks, Gina