[IP] air in the syringe

Does anyone have any tips on how to draw up th insulin into the syringe w/o
getting air in it? We had a terrible time doing this with my son's site
chage on Sun. (it was our first time). We ended up back at the endo's
yesterday to do it again. Ryan is using the Minimed 507c. I've been
practicing on and off since we got home and I still end up with bubbles in
the neck.I flick them out but they seem to multiply.  Any help would be
appreciated. We are on our own again tomorrow. thanks, Susan