[IP] Low Battery warning

How long do people find they have after a low battery warning comes on in a
507C?  It's been well over 5 months and I've only changed the batteries once,
but then I tried to use some that I'd been carrying in my purse which didn't
work.  So I no longer carry extras in my purse, but if I got a warning just
after leaving home for the day, would the old batteries last through the day?
I assume I will need to change them soon, but hate to change before I really
have to.

Linda Zottoli