Re: [IP] Scotland and Ireland

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 19:39:29 -0500, Neal & Kara wrote:

>1 pint Guiness = 2 units Hummalog.

I use 1 unit Humalog per pint of Guiness. When I started pumping back in January, the training class told us
to not bother with CHO counting in beer and ale, as your liver is busy with the alchoal and reduces the
conversion of charbohydrates to glucose.

I always wondered why I would have a reaction in the middle of the night if I drank some beer (before the
pump). In life for me skipping the beer bolus works. I know the answer to the Scotland & Ireland question was
meant in a light fashion. The pump system works great for me when travelling, as I can always change the
time setting on my pump and operate normally.

Tripp Lewis