[IP] Emergencies-Ped. endo 2 1/2 hours away

We are still anxiously awaiting our appt. with our new ped. endo.  But I
was wondering, our ped.endo/hospital is 2 1/2 hours away, what do you do
when there is an emergency?  There is a hospital 5 min away but, we are
hoping for Alex to be on the pump by summer and our reg. ped. doesn't
know anything about pumps.  I know this is a question i will be asking
new ped.endo but wanted to know your stories.  I am also hoping that new
ped.endo will be able to have good communication with reg.ped.

Leann Pruitt
mother of Alex(9 3/4) dx'd 11/94