Re: [IP] Ecuador

> I will be in Ecuador for the whole month of June.  First we will be
> in the Amazon River basin.  Hot and steamy.  Then back in Quito,
> which is two miles high, for excursions higher into the Andes.  Does
> anyone have any experience at high altitudes?

Not much will change for the pump part of what you are doing. Other
changes will occur that affect flatlanders whether they are diabetic
or not.

You will become slightly dehydrated at altitude and..... don't forget
to take some prunes (heh... heh...). Drink lots of water (the bugs in
it will loosen you up if the prunes don't, NO, seriously, the change
in altitude really does change your blood chemistry slightly and you
loose fluids. After a time you aclimate, but in a short stay you
probably won't, nobody does. Other than that have fun. If you chicken
out, send me the ticket!

Michael <email @ redacted>