Re: [IP] Just venting too!

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999 email @ redacted wrote:
> Since our union is "self-insured" I cannot get
This can be a problem, it does not work like an insurance co.
Your best avenue of defence may be to get them to look at the costs
associated with your kid's day to day care. Don't be bashful about
zipping over to the ER during these "little" problems even though you can
now deal with them yourself. It may not be as convenient, but it will
help you hammer home the arguement... been to the ER 4 times in the last
3 months at a cost of $$$$$$.... I need a pump!!

You may wish to self insure. I will cost you about $400 / $500 a month.
Since your are currently "technically" insured even though it is not
really insurance, the pre-conditions should be waived. This is worth
investigating. I did this years ago because of my son's health problems
and have retained self insurance ever since because as long as the bill
gets paid, the insurance company is stuck with our family forever.