Re: [IP] Just venting too!

In a message dated 3/27/99 9:09:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Seems your answer to the insurance company is simple enough: whenever such
 happen BECAUSE they won't let him get a pump, put the boy in the hospital! At
 X hundred$/day for them to put you through this, make THEM understand how
 expensive THEIR lack of care will be TO THEM!!!! Then tell them this should
 only happen every 2 months or so for the rest of his life........
 Ted Quick >>

Thanks for the suggestion Ted.  It has been considered, but I refuse to
traumatize my son with hospital stays just to wake THEM up.  At 8 years old,
it would be as though I'm "playing pawn" with him just to play the same game
they are.  We worked like dogs with the endo when that last problem happened 2
weeks ago to keep him OUT of the hospital because with 3 diabetic children, I
can't "just put him in the hospital".  Who's going to take care of the rest of
the family or pay my husband for missed work days in such a case?  These are
considerations that we have to consider before such a drastic action is taken.

	I've just spent the entire morning weeding through the Dept. of Labor site to
gather all the ammo I can to fight them so we'll see.

Thanks again,
Kelly M.