Re: [IP] tingling foot

      I have the same problem when I sit with my legs crossed, or on wood stools.  My doctor told me that this was okay, that my leg was just "Falling Asleep". Basically, by crossing your legs, you reduce the flow of blood and slightly compressed the nerves - causing you leg to fall asleep. ( an uncomfortable, tingling sensation)  To make this feeling go away, just get up and walk to re-establish the circulation. As with anything though, if it really worries you , or you feel the symptoms are stronger and more frequent than you would consider normal, call your doctor and ask if he needs to see you.   Good Luck
----- Original Message -----
From: email @ redacted>Julie Britt
To: email @ redacted>email @ redacted
Sent: Friday, March 26, 1999 11:55 PM
Subject: [IP] tingling foot

last night i went to the movies, and after having my legs crossed through most of the show, my left foot "fell asleep".  i had that pins and needles feeling, but usually it goes away. for some reason it's still there, and i'm worried.  does anybody have any idea what could be causing it or what i should do?  thanks.
"I'm never going to be famous.  My name will never be writ large on the roster of
 Those Who Do things.  I don't do anything. Not one single thing.  I used to bite
 my nails, but I don't even do that any more."
                                                                                     --Dorothy Parker