[IP] absorption problems

after using the region around (mostly below) my belly button for several month,
I'm now getting serious absorption problems there. I go high about 24 hours
after changing the site. Sometimes I am high but don't correct (e.g. before
driving home) and a little bit later I'm back in the normal range as if the
Insulin had waited somewhere to get into the bloodstream several hours after
the bolus... ;)

The sites on my back still work just fine, but I don't have a lot of fat there
that is not too close to some muscle.

Does anyone have similar experiences? And will this problem go away by itself
after "resting" the area for some time, or will I have to try other solutions?

email @ redacted
Disetronic/Humalog/Tender since 9/98