[IP] Wild Child!

Barb - YEAH!!!!!!!!! So glad things are going well for Erika and her newfound
freedom on the pump! Your experience sounds similar to what happened with Amy
- much, much more energy and a smile a mile wide!! I was never sure whether
that smile was due to the fact that she felt freer, better or proud of doing
it herself. And you know what? I don't care! lol  I just know that smile is
worth all the nights getting up, checking bgs, feeding if needed, trying to go
back to sleep next to a hubby that snores, detailed record keeping, etc.
   You are right - there will be ups and downs, and you may find yourself
thinking, "Is this really worth it?". Then you will see Erika, and know that
it is. Even in Amy's "downest" (if there is such a word!) times, I've asked
her if she still wants to stay on the pump. Without hesitation - YES! Because
she feels better. That's enough for me!

Good luck, and give Erika a big hug!
Sue Tappendorf
Mom of Amy, 12, pumping since June '98