[IP] Silhouette disconnecting

While we are talking about disconnecting, I have an easy question.

I disconnect before my morning shower.

Prior to reconnecting, I do a prime to get insulin to come back all the way
to the end of the needle.

Here's the tricky part.  I am holding the end of the tubing (the end that
attaches to me) in my left hand.  I am  holding the pump in my right hand.
I have dialed up about .8 units for a prime.  I have both hands at eye level
so I can see when the insulin starts to come out.

What I noticed is that if I raise the pump hand and lower the tubing end
hand, the amount of air in the end of the line gets smaller.  If I raise the
tubing end and lower the pump end, the amount of air in the line gets
larger.

What do you folks do when priming just prior to reconnecting?

Paul Delau

<<Yes, the "cap" for a Silhouette is the detachable back clip that's also
found
> at the end of the hose. The other half is the same as the base half
> attached to
> you.
<<snip>>