Re: [IP] ewww gross

Just a little FYI tidbit, in some research I was doing for a project for
school, I came across a similar article, (I think it was in Diabetes
Care).  It grossed me out too, so I asked my preceptor about it and
expressed my disgust.  He commented as well that this therapy has been
around for many many years.  He said that studies indicate that maggots
only consume what is dead, therefore there is no loss of good tissue.
Many times when wounds are cleaned surgically, good tissue must be
removed in order to be certan that the wound is completely clean.  This
may explain some of the good results in the studies.  I still don't know
if I would want this but it is an interesting little fact.

DM since 82
Pumper since 5/97 m(MM507)