Re: [IP] Fast Take software

Ask them for a complementary copy.  Guess why they give away the meters?
Here are the numbers, according to me:

30% cogs (cost of goods sold, or how much it costs in materials to make the
item)
30% profit to store
40% profit from store to you.
# of meters that use strips made by other companies:  0
# of tests per day: 6

Item                    retail                wholesale        cogs
profit to strip-maker
Meter                 $100                    $60              $30
$30
100 test strips     $100                    $60              $30
$30
 6 test strips/day  $6                        $3.60           $1.80
$1.80
365 days/year     $2190                  $1314          $657          $657
Software w/
Cable                 $100-ish               $60-ish         $30-ish
$30-ish

Now, point out to their regional salesman three things:
1.  The fact they give you a meter is inconsequential.  Everyone gives them
away.  ( I have 2 fast takes, 2 Accuchek completes, a One-touch II, a One
touch, and some meter I can't remember the name.  I paid for one of the fast
takes, the rest were given to me, and I took them mainly for use of the
strips)
2.  You want to use the software and meter with your computer, and other
companies will give you the software.
3.  $657 is more than a $60-ish one time investment.  Salesmen are smart when
you put it in their terms ($$$).

Finally, be willing to go to other blood checker companies.  They are all
about the same, IMHO.

Write back to the newsgroup if you have any other observations.

$.02

Jeff
PS.  The test strip cogs is probaly way off base.  It is probaly much, much
less.  All prices are based on MSRP, not what you get at Wal-Mart.