Re: [IP] safety loop

email @ redacted wrote:
> Can someone please explain the safety loop to me? I'm new at this.
> I understand the importance, just not how to do it!

MiniMed often recommends that people put a loop in the hose next to the
canula end, so that it has a "strain relief" to handle being pulled.
I used to do that when I used MiniMed sets, but gave them up for Comforts
in the fall of '94. They don't need to waste several inches of hose in
a extra loop held to the skin with yet more tape, since the canula base
actually holds on through anythiung I've subjected it to. At least that's
been my experience.

Ted Quick