Re: [IP] Site duration

>I had a site fall out after 2 days over the weekend. I think I'll try
not using the IV prep and see what happens! I might have to change in
the morning; I've been uncharacteristically high most of the afternoon
today (2nd day) -- we'll see what I wake up at.

Natalie,
I had a site fall out this summer while on vacation camping (ended up at
600 before I even knew what was happening!)  Because of this I learned a
few good tape hints through minimed and through trial and error...

First, I have a tough time using the tape that comes with the sof-set,
it is the IV3000.  I have lost several sites because this tape was not
either sticky enough or durable enough for an active lifesyle.  I use
the polyskin dressings now.

I recently started placing a sheet of the polyskin on my site and then
sticking the set through that, then covering with one that I cut the
hole in.  This seems to have been working better than anything that I
used before.  The first polyskin also seems to make it hurt a lot less
when I insert the set.  (by the way, does anyone know if you can buy a
hole punch big enough to cut the dressings, I have the worst time with
that-- always end up oval!)

As far as prep, I use the stuff called "skin prep"(from the same people
who make IV prep) (after I clean the site, it is not a aniseptic like
the IV prep)  I have a severe adhesive allergy and this helps prevent
the itching and hives and also helps hold the site!

Joy

DM since 82
Pumping since 3/97

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Natalie A. Sera" <email @ redacted>

email @ redacted wrote:

> We don't use emla, alcohol,iv prep or anything and now the sets are
finally
> lasting 3 days   : -)

Innerstin!!!

I had a site fall out after 2 days over the weekend. I think I'll try
not using the IV prep and see what happens! I might have to change in
the morning; I've been uncharacteristically high most of the afternoon
today (2nd day) -- we'll see what I wake up at.

I'll let ya know!

Smiles,

._c-

Type Weird, pumping!
mailto:email @ redacted

._c-
                                      (
Can you find the ugly duckling? (Hint: it ainít the pumperduck!!)