[IP] sick question

Carol wrote:

> think I'm getting the flu would that cause me to spill ketones when
> readings are only slightly above normal?

 yes ...and if you arent eating enough due to nausea or not feeling good
enough to eat, your body may be going into starvation ketosis even if your bg
readings are normal...

drink lots of water and make sure you are getting enough glucose...sip juice
or ginger ale...regular jello if you are too uggy to keep anything down...

feel better soon!!