Re: [IP] Silhouette

email @ redacted wrote:
> I know there has been an ongoing thread on the silhouette infusion set, so I
> hope I'm not asking questions that have been repeated a dozen times.
> I just decided to switch from the sof-set because it just seems to fit better
> and there is less stuff, tape, etc.

All too true.

 My questions are:
> 1.  Is there any purpose to those little caps they give you to put on the ends
> when you disconnect?  I never bothered w/ caps on the sof-set.

They're for the squeamish, I guess. I might use them if I was going to detach to
jump in some mud, but only too keep it from getting unwanted stuff buried in it.

> 2.  I seem to need less insulin for equal amounts of carbs. Does the
> silhouette deliver more efficiently?

I don't know about more efficiently, but I use them because trhey are
more consistent, at least for me. I've got too little fat for the whole
length of the SofSet to avoid the underlying muscle, and use Comforts
(aka Silhouettes) at a relatively shallow angle, roughly 15 degrees.

Ted Quick