[IP] ANNOUNCE: Massachusetts Diabetes Day on the Hill, 1999. Miss America to attend.

Hi folks

Sorry to post this notice yet again. But with the numbers of people joining,
I want to make sure that any pumpers in Massachusetts know about this event.

We are once again organizing Massachusetts Diabetes Day on the Hill. The
event happens in the Great Hall of the Massachusetts State House in Boston,
MA.  The date is this Wednesday, March 24, 1999, from 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
This is a fun event and a
great place to meet other people who have diabetes.

Miss America, Nicole Johnson, will attend this years event. Nicole Johnson
is a pump user and has had diabetes for about 6 years. I'm hoping to
persuade someone to take a picture of her with other pumpers!

We try to let legislators know much we want legislation to require coverage
of diabetes supplies and education by insurance companies. We have been
trying to get this legislation passed for the last five years!  I have been
affected by this lack of legislation as it took me nearly six years to get
an insulin pump, because of lack of coverage by various HMOs that I used.

Everyone who is affected by diabetes is welcome, so please spread the word
among family, friends, or anyone else you know with diabetes.

If you are interested and need more details please feel free to contact me
at email @ redacted, or at my subscription address.