[IP] Re:

The size of the company will have a big impact on the coverage.  If they
have less than 25 people, you should count on having to pick up some loose
ends yourself.  If they have less than 50, it will not be as thorough but
might not have pre-existing condition clauses.  More than 100 is usually
quite safe (the negotiating policies for those large companies protects us).

If you have already signed a contract, call human resources and ask for the
info about your upcoming health benefits and a copy of the providers and
coverage.  If you need an explanation, you can tell them you just wanted to
arrange to continue your current medication and doctor.  This will provide
you with the official version.  You can look for your doctors, you can check
out how much of prescriptions and durable medical goods (some companies call
bg supplies prescriptions, others durable medical, pump supplies are usually
durable medical).  Larger companies may offer you policy choices.  There is
usually an HMO and a PPO type choice.  The HMO is cheaper (when I've done
the math, it has -- 5 different times -- come out to a difference of between
800 and 5,000 $$ per year of out of pocker for me) but you will have less
control over doctors and options.  PPO you'll have more choices, less
coverage.  If you are unclear from the policy what is covered call the
insurance company and inquire (not your employer!!).

If you have not signed a contract, you might want to be careful about
letting on that you are concerned about a pre-existing condition.  It is
technically illegal for companies to use that info, but once in a while they
do coindentally decide not to hire someone for medical reasons.  Usually its
a non issue, but it is always better safe than sorry.  Even if you have not
signed a contract, you can call and ask about medical benefits.  It won't
tell you exactly what's covered but it will give you the general overview.
Company size seems to have a big effect on terms of both HMO policies and
PPOs.  Generally, larger companies charge in the $5-10 range for RX vs.
$10-30 for small ones, cover more ER expenses, more kinds of dr's

Hope that helps a little!
It is a tough situation.  Hang in there!  Sounds like you have a good job so
should be in good shape!