Re: [Re: [IP] Fatty Foods]

> heart attacks and a stroke though.I was thinking about this and I was
> wondering if maybe the restricted diet is because I have severe gastropareses
> and autonomic  dysfunction? My gastro also said I have what he called a"true
> allergy to protein", whatever that means.Maybe this has something to do with
> the low fat diet I was put on?

Yes.  There is lots of evidence that a low fat diet can do 2 things for gastroparesis -- 1).  fat digests very
slowly.  By speeding up the digestion time (when you get rid of the fat) you cut down on the autonomic system
impairment, speed up basic body functions, and cut way down on the the symptoms of gastrop (i.e. nausea and other
stomach problems, bowel problems, hot and cold problems etc).  and 2). fat is harder to match insulin to than
pure carbs so if you cut out the fat, it is easier to control bgs.  Evidence is that the better the bg control,
the less gastrop which makes for better bg control -- a very good vicious circle.  On the other hand, all the bg
swings will make the gastro a little worse each time.