Re: [IP] carb counting beans

> In a message dated 3/21/99 8:58:19 PM, email @ redacted writes:
>
> <<How do you carb count for beans?  My dietition advised counting half the
> carbs for beans as they are so high in protein as well.>>

You are getting nailed by the very low glycemic index of the beans and
cheese. That means that it takes a long time for the carbs from the beans
to get absorbed. See Rick Mendoza's site and his Glycemic Index for more
information. There is a section in Pumping Insulin as well on this
subject. There is a link to Rick's site on the LINKS page of the web site.

Michael