Re: [IP] carb counting beans

In a message dated 3/21/99 8:58:19 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<How do you carb count for beans?  My dietition advised counting half the
carbs for beans as they are so high in protein as well.>>

I eat beans pretty frequently, so have been trying hard to work it out.  I
have so far been most successful with subtracting grams of fiber from total
carbs and spreading the bolus out to about 2 hours.  On occasion I still have
lows for a few hours and highs 4-10 hours later, but I do have digestion
problems.  But it does seem for me that the effects of carbs do show up

Linda Zottoli
dx1955 at age 8
pumping since Oct 98