No Subject

Since you folks seem to have been through it all, maybe you can give me
some helpful hints or maybe ease some of my fear (no horror stories
please, I think I already have an ulcer over this!)

I am going to be graduating from college in May :) I will be going off
of the health insurance plan (Blue cross, blue shield) that I have had
since birth.  I have accepted a job which will provide me with coverage.
First, I would assume that diabetes is a pre-existing condition.
Therefore most of the plans require a 1 year period before coverage for
these conditions starts.  The other plans are HMO's or PPO's (YIKES!)
What kind of fight can I expect from them? Is there any way I can find
out if supplies will be covered before I pick a plan?  Are Endos
considered primary providers????  I am just a little nervous about how
all of this works, I feel like they are holding all of the cards and i
am just here in the dark!!

Joy Spoljaric

DM since '82 at the tender age of 7
Pumping since May 97