Re: [IP] Nibble Party

At 07:18 AM 3/21/1999  Natalie A. Sera wrote:
>Sam Skopp wrote:
>> Do you have the MiniMed pump? If so, you have an option called the
>> square-wave. This lets you dribble out insulin over a period of time that
>> you can specify. It sounds like you wouldn't need much of a boost, but this
>> would be the way to handle it.
>Yes, I have a MiniMed, and I do know about the square wave -- but the
>question is, what do you do when you don't know what's coming next? Or
>do you just figure on a certain amount of insulin, and then make sure
>you nibble enough to cover it?

That's the hard part... in fact that's the reason why I rarely ever use
this function. I'd suggest a small bolus at the beginning and doing another
one toward the end... basically, just do the best that you can without
making the task too difficult.

I've added boluses when the meal plan changed... a classic example is when
you decide to have some dessert, after the meal. Doing the extra bolus is
so easy, that I feel free to do it virtually any time or place.