Re: [IP] carb counting

Hi all,

At noon today I decided to fix the family a quick and easy meal of burgers and
fries.  The nutrition guide on the bag of Ore Ida crinkle frozen fries said
"approximately 15 fries" (or 84g) = 120 calories and/or 19 carbs.  Great I
thought!  Until i pulled out my handy dandy scale and weighed out 15 fries.
The scale read 180.  I thought NO WAY.  So I kept taking fries off until I was
in the 84g range and ended up with 8 fries. 8 lousy FRIES!!!!    Not only did
this concern me as far as carb counting goes but it also seems to be a bit
misleading to the general public as well who are watching caloric intake for
their weight.  I admit I am using a cheap 5 dollar scale from Walmart so there
could be an innacuracy problem with the scale but I doubt it is off as much as
80gs.  I weighed them frozen. The bag doesn't indicate whether the gram weight
is calculated frozen or cooked

Lately I have wondered if we would get a better grasp on blood sugar control
by weighing more and this certainly confirms my gut instinct!

Also does anyone have an electronic scale that they particularly like?  I loke
both the Cuisinart and the Soehnle.  I would LOVE  to hear feedback on either