Re: [IP] Fatty Foods

Denise, when I went on the pump my educator and dietitian told me to go for it. I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I bolused properly for it. Like you I do not have a weight problem (but did have prior to going on intensive management and then the pump), and my cholesterol and blood pressure are both great. Women diabetics are more prone to heart problems, could this be why the restricted diet? Do you have a family history or is your blood pressure high? With my limited knowledge, these would be the only reasons I can see for the restriction. Good luck.
dxd 7/77
pumping since 12/98