Re: [IP] Nibble Party

At 01:07 PM 3/20/1999  Natalie A. Sera wrote:

>So I'm thinking about what might have been a better solution to this
>problem.  Maybe a temporary basal a little higher than normal? I really
>didn't know what delectable morsel of food was coming next, and I really
>couldn't be pulling out the pump and bolusing for every bite!

Do you have the MiniMed pump? If so, you have an option called the
square-wave. This lets you dribble out insulin over a period of time that
you can specify. It sounds like you wouldn't need much of a boost, but this
would be the way to handle it. If you have the Disetronic pump, there is
supposed to be a work-around for this situation, so hopefully a Disetronic
owner might step in here.