Re: [IP] Post prandial highs

<< Just a recent example of why you have to find out for yourself when the
 insulin you are using has peaked post prandially - as they say everyone is
 different, and "most" people I know, and most medical professionals I have
 into say to test 2 hours after you eat and you should be back to your normal
 ranges...This does not work for me... as follows >>
Velosulin theoretically peaks in 2 to 3 hours, and the effectis theoretically
gone in 5 to 6 hours. The peak time for food absorption form the meal is
approximately 2 hours if the food absorption is not delayed. So, about 2 hours
after the meal if Velosulin was bolused 20 to 30 minutes before eating, the
post meal BG should be 30 to 50 points higher than the pre-meal BG (if it was
in the normal range). As, always, YMMV!  It is not a good idea to correct for
highs at a 2 hour point with Velosulin.
Barbara B.