Re: [Re: [IP] fruit juice]

<< my Dr.and dietician have told me to
 only drink fruit juice and, or fruit, if I also have protein with it.The
 causes a rapid decrease in BS otherwise.    >>
I have not seen this in most cases. However, if juice is ingested and covered
with Humalog, the juice may be absorbed faster, then when the Humalog peaks, a
low might follow. There are some peds endos who will restrict fruit and fruit
juice in the AM to prevent highs from the fruits, followed by lows later. It
is not the juice that causes the low BG.
Barbara B.