Re: [IP] Re: pizza and other high fat foods

In a message dated 3/18/99 6:43:59 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< but I don't think I would
 be so far off as to cause such a bad high.  I think it was the fat. Any
 tips would be appreciated... >>

We have the EXACT same problem with Laura.  I have found that with high fat
meals (cheesy pizza being the worst!)  she seems to peak about 6 or more hours
later.  I split her bolus (half at beginning of meal and half 3 hours later)
but we still have to check sometime during the 6 to 8 hours after a high fat
meal because if we don't give more insulin then she will almost always go
extremely high.  I wish I knew of a better solution to this problem but this
is the best we can do most of the time......

PS    My dad complains of the same problem!