RE: [IP] Nedd some basic ideas for pizza bolus with D pump

Dave wrote:

>I think I was off a little in my calculations somewhere but my confusion is
>largely due to not understanding the pizza digestion. That is, should I have
>extended the square wave bolus over a longer period of hours? Does anybody
>know the correct CHO/slice of a given pizza brand? I have a CHO reference
>book but it doesn't cover the brands that I eat most. What's a good
>reference? Also, when meals like this are in the mid to late evening, is it
>safe for the bolus activity to carry into night time or should you try to
>apply the bolus in such a way that all of the bolus duration is complete by
>midnight?

Dave,

I've had good success with dividing the amount of the bolus in half, giving
the first half at the beginning of the meal, and spreading the remainder
over 2 hours.

I have a carb book for Fast Food restaraunts that comes in pretty handy for
these types of things.  You might make a trip to the bookstore and see what
you can find.

Mary Jean
MM 507