Re: [IP] Nedd some basic ideas for pizza bolus with D pump

When Spencer eats pizza, and he can pack it away, I have him bolus for
the first couple of slices or 1/2 of the total carbs he has eaten and
then I do a square wave bolus or give him a temporary basal rate to
compensate for the other 1/2 of the carbs he has eaten.  It seem to work
for him.

Example;   Total carbs 150
  	   Divide in 1/2
	   Equals   75
           Bolus using 1:9 ratio = 8.3
           Square wave bolus or temp. basal rate over 3 hours for
the            remainder of the 75 carbs (8.3)

I hope this helps.  If you have any questions feel free to email me

Lisa D. (Spencer's Mom)